What's On My Playlist

2:42 PM

For this week's Music Monday, I wanted to post another "What's on my playlist". These posts elicit the most responses and people tend to ask about it.. so here it is!

Sleepyhead by Passion Pit
Indie, Electropop
Another song by Passion Pit that I absolutely love. It just gives off that relaxed, chill vibe that I love about the majority of their songs. At first listen, it can sound weird - I totally get that, but it's very much so a Passion Pit song. The little electric melody they throw in their is a great addition and really makes the song overall better. Love this song!

Black Skinhead by Kanye West
Hip-Hop, Industrial
Kanye West is one of my all time favorite artists, and this song just reminds me why. He's an incredible rapper, producer.. all of the above. This song has amazing commentary on the oppression and racism African Americans faced, and historic references like that are pretty much impossible to find in the most popular of rap songs today. Aside from the great lyrics, there's an incredible instrumental that just brings my mood up.

Find You by Zedd, Matthew Koma, Miriam Bryant
Electro-House
Like I've mentioned in past "What's On My Playlist" posts, I practically enjoy any song Zedd produces. He just has this great ear for dance music and I also really enjoy Matthew Koma's unique voice. The chorus is really great and there's no way you can dislike the dance break that follows the chorus. So good!

Check out the rest of the post by clicking the "Read More" link!

Pompeii by Bastille (Audien Remix)
Pop, Dance
I really love this song, I've always loved listening to it when it played on the radio while I'm out driving. This remix brings this song to a whole new level, though. The chorus is amazing and the dance remix makes this song even more exciting. I haven't heard much else from them but I do know this song is certainly a catchy one.

Blame by Calvin Harris, John Newman
Electric-Dance, Electro-Pop, Electro-House, Dance
Another infectious Calvin Harris song.. how can you not love it? John Newman is an awesome singer and I remember hearing his song Love Me Again last year and immediately rushing to figure out who sang it. I was pleasantly surprised to see him featured on this song and I can't wait to hear this one blow up on the radio just like all of Calvin's other songs.

Let Your Hair Down by Magic!
Reggae Fusion, Pop
Rude by Magic! was such a huge song, I naturally went to listen to their album on Spotify to find out what their other stuff sounded like. A lot of their songs were a little difficult to get into, but I really enjoyed this one in particular. It's a nice, slow song that has great lyrics and a nice slow vibe that's really relaxing. They also have this real Hawaiian/island sound that's really interesting and surprising coming from a group from Canada.

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj
Hip-Hop
Hmm.. what can I say about this song? This song is ridiculously... fun. I love it very much and I can't really pinpoint why other than the fact that it can always make me laugh. I don't mean that in a bad way, either. It's not so serious, it's talking about big butts, and, I don't know - it's just fun. Nicki Minaj really made a great comeback with this song since it blew up absolutely everywhere. This song is not only funny, but catchy, and I find myself listening to it often. I love it!

Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys
Indie-Rock
Arctic Monkeys' album, AM is incredible. Ask anyone who's listened to it and i'm pretty certain they'll agree. One of the best songs on the album, in my opinion, is Do I Wanna Know?. It has a great flow and a catchy chorus. All their songs have this distinct sound about it that just screams "Arctic Monkeys". I love this song and I find myself always humming it.

Restart by Sam Smith
Pop, R&B
I've said it a million times and I'll say it a hundred times more - Sam Smith is incredible. I can't get enough of his music and amazing voice, and this song is one I've been listening to a lot. It's got a great chorus and his voice... his voice is just one of a kind. I'd definitely give his album a listen if you haven't. I'm sure you've heard some of his stuff already (who hasn't?) and been amazed.. if you listen to his album it's even more amazing!

XO by Beyonce
Pop
This song of Beyonce's isn't one of the more popular ones, but I really think it should be. Her voice is amazing in it and it's a nice slow alternative from most of the huge dance hits on the rest of this album. The lyrics are amazing as well, and when she sings it live she always has this amazing connection with the audience (more specifically, her fans) and it's one of a kind. 

Julian by Say Lou Lou (Adi Remix)
Synthpop
This song was a song I heard the other day on the radio, and I immediately had to Shazam it and find out what it was called. It's an amazing song and it's got that nice unique sound about it that I absolutely love. I haven't really had the chance to give their other songs a listen, but I was definitely interested in hearing what else they have to offer. 

Pumpin Blood by NONONO
Alternative Rock
I love this song because it's just a fun, cheery song. I've heard it so many times on commercials and such, and I can definitely see why. I am always playing this song when I'm getting ready and it kinda just gets me going. I also just love their sound. Just like others, they've got a unique sound as well.

Out Of My League by Fitz and The Tantrums
Indie Pop
I remember at the beginning of this year (2014) when I would constantly listen to this song because it was just so catchy. Just recently I've began to listen to it, and once again, it's been getting stuck in my head. It's got an infectious chorus, a fun melody, and a really nice little whistle thing they do in their that's also super catchy. Definitely love their sound, and I could be wrong, but I think they're one of the newer bands out there. I'd keep an eye out for them since this song is such a hit!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Ad

Follow me on Instagram