,

A Word Of Advice..

3:49 PM

For this week's Wildcard Wednesday I wanted to talk about something a little different. I thought I'd give my readers some advice. Some advice that I probably have to learn how to even take myself! 
This may not necessarily apply to everyone specifically, however, it is possible that it may apply to most people generally. 

I'm a music major, which means I'm in a creative major, and, ultimately, entering a creative-talent based industry. That being said, I am surrounded daily by immensely talented individuals. Being in this environment, it is so easy to feel discouraged, not good enough - you name it. There are so many times where I feel like I'll never get to be able to do what they do. However, I always think about how I’m here for a reason. I’m a music major for a reason. I was accepted into this talent based major for a reason. I’m at school not to become the best musician, producer, music business executive, or whatever. I’m here to learn. To improve. To be a better me, not be what everyone else views as “the best”. Instead of viewing others as superior, competition, whatever the case may be, look up to them as inspiration - pushing you to master your craft just like they have.

In other words, do things for you. Not for everyone else. Live a life that’s fulfilling for you. You are the only person who can determine your success. If you are happy, content with your journey, and satisfied with your surroundings, you should, in your eyes, feel successful.

Check out the rest of the post by clicking the "Read More" link!


Everyone’s journey is different. If everyone’s success story was the same, wouldn’t we all jump on that path, follow it, and be on our way to what’s perceived as “successful”? Make your own path. Build your own story. One day you’ll get to tell people all about your journey and inspire others. Make it a good one, though. Never give up. Keep persevering and work hard every single day until you can look back and confidently say that you’re content with the outcome.

I’m a firm believer in that, if you want something bad enough, you can accomplish it. So much more easier said than done, however, if you keep that mindset as opposed to negativity, you’ll get so much farther.


Generally be a good person. Do good things. Make people smile. Make people want to get to know you. Be approachable. Always do good work and leave a great impression.
Follow those words of advice, and trust me, the opportunities that head your way will flourish. Remember to always keep your head up when times are down.. things happen for a reason, and what matters most is what you do after you're feeling down.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Ad

Follow me on Instagram