What's On My Playlist

7:15 PM

Hey guys! I wanted to do another What's On My Playlist because I wanted to showcase my updated playlist, or what I've been listening to on Spotify more recently.

Partition by Beyonce
Hip-Hop/Dance
I've always loved this song by Beyonce, however, recently she performed at the MTV Video Music Awards to accept her MTV Vanguard award and my love for this song just rekindled. Her new album is amazing, I love essentially the entire album, and everything about this song is fun and exciting. If you listen to the entire song it's almost like there's two songs in one - making the song even better. If you've seen this song performed live it adds even more sensuality, I would definitely recommend taking some time to look it up!
Get Low by Dillon Francis, DJ Snake
Trap
Like I've mentioned on my other "What's On My Playlist" post, I absolutely love a song that makes me want to just go out, dance, and have a great time with my friends. It has this awesome Arabic(?) melody that's thrown in there that makes this song  100x better. It's what also makes the song unique and different sounding from any "Trap" or "Dance" song out there, and that's a huge plus considering they can start to all sound the same after a while. Definitely a great listen!

Don't by Ed Sheeran
Pop-Rock
I am and have been for a long time now a HUGE Ed Sheeran fan. I remember when I would do my homework junior through high school year and listen to Ed Sheeran's "+" album from start to finish.. daily. His new album is also great, and though I haven't listened to it religiously there are several songs on there that stand out. "Don't" is definitely one of them, and it makes me happy that it is successful commercially. It's got a great little melody, amazing chorus, and verses that really showcase Ed's talent. He's incredible!

Check out the rest of the post by clicking the "Read More" link!


Boom Clap by Charli XCX
Synthpop
Charli XCX is one of those artists who I've always seen around tumblr and through the Lady Gaga fanbase, but I never really got into her music. When The Fault In Our Stars movie soundtrack came out, I listened to it and this one immediately was a stand out for me. It has that addictive chorus and it's also just fun and generally a happy song. It's allover the radio now, and I'm glad it is. It's a great song and I'd definitely give it a listen if you haven't already! Just a sidenote - I've noticed that this is a fun little song to listen to while going on a run.

G.U.Y. by Lady Gaga
Electronic-Dance
What kind of playlist of mine would it be without a Gaga song? Of course I had to throw her in! Aside from the many songs I consistently listen to from ARTPOP, G.U.Y. happens to be one of my all time favorites. It just has that strong dance melody and an addictive chorus I can never get out of my head. The lyrics are also super fun, and this one seems to be one of her more popular ones when I show the album to my friends.

Lay Me Down by Sam Smith
Pop and R&B
I absolutely adore Sam Smith, and I even love this song even more. It's hard to choose a favorite song from his album, but this one has to definitely be up there. I've learned so much of his album on the piano and Lay Me Down is the one I always play whenever I get the chance. It has an amazing chorus and his voice is just angelic, incredible, etc., etc.

Chandelier by Sia
Electro-Pop
I love and hate this song both at the same time. The chorus is literally stuck in my head for hours after hearing this song on Spotify or on the radio. Aside from Sia's incredible voice, the song has amazing lyrics and an addictive chorus (I know I've said that a bunch of times, but that's the best way to describe them). It's allover the radio and I'm happy a song that showcases someone's amazing talent is out there commercially. If you haven't seen her perform this song live, I'd recommend it.. it's very interesting!

Midnight City by M83
Synthpop
Talk about throwback! I remember when I first heard this song I was obsessed with it and had it on repeat for literally like a year straight. It just gives me that really nice, chill, relaxed feel that makes me think about the beach and just in general having a great time. Any song that does that to me immediately becomes one of my favorites!

Jealous (I Ain't With It) by Chromeo
Electro-Funk/Pop
This is a great song to play when I'm just driving with my windows rolled down. It has a great chorus and an overall fun, relaxed melody that gets stuck in my head. There are a few other songs by Chromeo that I really like, but this one is probably my favorite. Their album is definitely a grower, but I can definitely say there are awesome songs on it.

Boy Oh Boy by Diplo and GTA
Electric-Dance
l wasn't planning on including this song initially only because I already included one of those songs that makes me want to just go out and dance with my friends, however, this song has been played so much recently, I had to include it! I love this song because it's just generally a really fun song and I love songs that kind of just build, take over, and just "explode" (that's the best way I can explain it... I'm not sure if that exactly makes the most sense, but whatever).

That's it for this week's Music Monday! I'm going to try my best to post as much as I can on the designated days, however, I suppose I didn't realize how difficult it was to keep up with this blog. I hope you enjoyed this What's On My Playlist, definitely feel free to recommend any music and/or ideas!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Ad

Follow me on Instagram