My College Experience... So Far

4:05 PM

As of today, i'm currently in my eighth week of college. Wow.. that went by insanely fast. This means that I'm almost done with my first quarter of college and that makes me so incredibly happy! So far, college has been absolutely amazing. I wouldn't change a thing. I've made amazing friends, had amazing experiences, learned so much about music, and I know everything can only get better from this point. In the photo above is Garrison, Gerardo, and I.. they get the best roommate awards because they deserve 100%. I have gotten so close to them and I can't even begin to imagine what college would be like without them.
As far as missing home goes, I for sure definitely miss home. However, I know that I don't go too long without seeing my family and talking to them on the phone and that definitely helps. I haven't had that crazy homesick feeling just yet. Besides, my friends here make it feel like I'm at home, and they understand exactly what I'm going through (being away from home).

Check out the rest of the post by clicking the "Read More" link!



Living so close to Los Angeles is so exciting! This past week I got to go a live taping of the show The Voice and I was in the standing area, which means I was about 10 feet (literally) away from Adam Levine, Gwen Stefani, Pharrell, and Blake Shelton. Earlier this month I got to interview an A&R coordinator who's had a ton of experience in the industry, I got to go to a casting call, and in October, I had the chance of attending LA Fashion Week. I'm about a 40 minute drive away from the nearest beach and Disneyland. Basically, living in this area is awesome! 

Academically, I've been able to maintain great grades and I can genuinely say I've learned so much about music that I didn't know before. My stats class is.. stats (that's the best way I can explain it). My theory class is a kick in the butt. My piano class is cool. And my careers in music class is by far my favorite. I've signed up for my classes next quarter already and the schedule works out for me perfectly. On a side note - my school has received 21 brand new Steinway (top of the line pianos) pianos for the students to play and, as a pianist, I cannot be happier! 



All in all, college has been an absolute blast. There's no better way to put it. From the people I've met, the things I've learned, and the things I've got to experience, I know that going off to college in another state (especially near Los Angeles) was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Ad

Follow me on Instagram